Sunday, December 7, 2008

Hailey On A Tortoise

What a title, right? This weekend, Kevin, the girls and I went to Oklahoma to visit our friends Casey, David, Cole and Wade for Cole's 3rd birthday party. And this wasn't just ANY birthday party...it was a DIEGO BIRTHDAY PARTY! There was this cool lady there with all kinds of animals for the kids to play with, hold and even stand on. Well alright, they could only stand on the tortoise, but you get the picture. It was pretty dang cool. The girls were excited to see some of the animals that they've seen on Diego, but mommy was none too thrilled to see the python. Regardless, I did touch it! I was so proud of myself. Speaking of being proud, my children did amazing on the road trip there and back. They counted Mc Donalds along the way, used our new favorite gadget, the portable dvd player, and slept. Matt did equally as well only needing to be soothed a few times on the 3 hour trip home. And I can't blame him. It had been a long day for the little guy who is battling bronchitis and an ear infection. The trip was worth it despite kids that were under the weather. It was nice to see our friends. We've missed them since they moved a few months ago. It's amazing how big Cole and Wade had gotten in just a couple short months. Anyways, here are a couple pics from the party and all the fun animals that were there:

Hails on the tortoise


Kevin showing the girls Chili the Chinchilla


Matt checking things out


Hails loved her cupcake


Emma didn't use her hands to eat her cupcake, just her tongue


Matt, my buddy Casey and I


The Nester family


2 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

aww. i love those big turtles :P too cute! and it looks like you got your hair cut?! I love it!

hope matty feels better soon too...

Nicole O'Dell said...

I LOVE the picture of Hailey with the cupcake...beautiful eyes!

How cute that she climbed onto that tortoise.